Monday, February 9, 2009

Everything I needed to learn about Amsterdam...

Let's see how I can sum this up -

  1. It's clean. Freakishly clean. Clean enough for even hard-core clean freaks. The streets were swept and floors of the trams were immaculate. However, there's no law on pet litter, so watch where you step!
  2. It has well-organized public transportation. The trams in the city center have a booth with a ticket agent. They spoke great English and were happy to tell you how to get to where you needed to go. They also suggested getting passes to save money. How convenient!
  3. People here are genuinely nice. Ask a random stranger where to find something or when the trams run, and you'll get a smile and good directions.
That's about it, I think.

2 comments:

  1. You both are excellent writers. I'm going to have to pass this blog address around so don't say anything you wouldn't want the whole world to hear!!!

    Did you give this address to your parents, Karl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog and I love reading about all the adventures you are having abroad! Mona you look so pretty in all your pics and already looks like all your planning is paying off. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete